Green Chickpeas/ Choliya Paratha
Green Chickpeas/ Choliya Paratha Recipe is a famous recipe that can be served for lunch/dinner or breakfast. Since these are fresh, they have a unique flavour.
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- Whole wheat flour/ gehun ka atta - 2 bowls
- Water/ pani - 1 bowl
- Green Chickpea/ hara chana - 1 bowl
- Oil/ tel - 3-4 tablespoons
- Salt/ namak - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli/ mirch powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/4 teaspoon
- Heeng/ asafoetida - A pinch
- Ginger/ adarak and green chilies/ hari mirch paste - 1 teaspoon
- Gram flour/ besan - 2 tablespoons
- Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Wash and grind green chickpeas adding green chilies, ginger and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- Let the seeds splutter and add chickpeas paste and besan. Cook the mix for next 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Once besan is cooked, add red chili powder and garam masala to it. Mix well and cook for a while. Put off the gas then. Cool the mixture and set aside.
- Prepare a dough for paratha by adding oil and salt to the whole wheat flour. Rest it for 10 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough and make small roti from it. Fill some chickpea stuffing and bind the edges properly. Roll it to make a paratha.
- Meanwhile heat a non stick tava on medium flame and cook the parathas from both sides by applying ghee/ oil.
- Quick 'Green Chickpeas/ Choliya Paratha' is ready now. Serve hot with spicy chutney!
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!