Green Danamethi Gatte – Rajasthani Special
- Gram flour/ besan : 2 cups
- Boiled green dana methi/ fenugreek : 2 tablespoons
- Curd/ dahi : 1/2 cup (plus one bowl of water in it)
- Chopped tomato/ tamatar : 1 piece
- Ginger garlic/ adarak lehsun paste : 1 tablespoon
- Chopped coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta and green chili/ hari mirch : 2 teaspoons
- Spices/masale : Bay leaves/ tej patta, garam masala, carom seeds/ ajwain, red pepper/ lal mirch , turmeric/ haldi, coriander/ dhaniya powder, whole coriander/ khada dhaniya, asofoetida/ hing, cinnamon stick/ dal cheeni - as per taste
- Oil/ tel : as per your choice
- Fennel seeds / saunf powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Rajasthani Gatte - Take gram flour and mix salt, asafoetida, red chili and turmeric powder, carom seeds and fennel seeds powder. Also add one tablespoonful oil. Add little water and make dough of it. Make long rolls out of it . Boil it for 12-15 minutes in water. Cut the roll now into small round pieces.
- Take a pan and add oil in it. When it is heated, add whole garam masala, whole coriander, cumin seeds and asafoetida in it.
- Now add ginger garlic paste along with chopped tomatoes in it. Cook it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add all the spices mentioned above. Heat cook till the mixture starts to leave oil on the sides.
- Add boiled green danamethi methi and gatte in it. Heat it for 2-3 minutes and now add curd to it. Heat and stir the mixture till it is properly mixed. Switch off the gas.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Curry is ready now. Enjoy 'Green Danamethi Gatte' with parathe or phulke or rice!!
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!