Green Lentil (Daal) ke Dhokle – Tasty Snack
- Green Moong dal (lentil) - 1 cup
- Eno or Soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Curd /Yoghurt - 2 teaspoons
- Ginger – 1" piece
- Green Chilli - 3-4 pieces
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Spices for seasoning: Mustard Seeds, Curry Leaves, Salt, Red chili Powder
- Sesame seeds (til) - 1 tsp for garnishing
- Soak green moong dal in water for 4-6 hours. Then grind it in grinder with ginger and green chill with ½ cup water. Add salt as per taste.
- If you have a steamer, add 1 glass of water in it and boil it. Add eno in the dal mixture now and put the mixture in the steamer pan and steam it. Cover the steamer with the lid and steam it for 15-20 minutes.
- If you don’t have a steamer, take a pan and add water and use a 1-2 inch deep plate in which the mixture can be poured. Make sure to cover it with a lid or plate. After 15-20 minutes of steam, take the pan out and let it cool down.
- Cut the pieces into square shape.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chilli.
- Now add the square pieces in the pan. Add salt and red chili powder as per taste and mix it.
- For garnishing, add coriander leaves and sesame seeds on top.
- Serve hot Green Lentil ke Dhokle with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!