Gujarati Special Laapsi Recipe
Here is a sweet recipe of Gujarat Special Laapsi. This dish is considered to be a healthy and nutritious and is made of daliya, ghee and dry nuts.
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- Broken wheat/ daliya - half cup
- Boiled water - 2 cups
- Sugar/ cheeni - half cup
- Elaichi/ cardamom powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped dry nuts - 2 tabespoons (kaju, badam and pista)
- Ghee - 3 tablespoons
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame and add daliya to it. Roast it for 15 minutes.
- Then add 2 cups of water, take a boil and lower the flame. Cook it for another 20 minutes.
- When the water starts getting dry, then add sugar and mix well.
- Daliya will start getting separated in the pan and ghee will start leaving from sides. Put off the gas.
- Delicious 'Gujarati Special Laapsi' is ready to be served. Garnish the dish with cardamom powder and chopped dry nuts.
- NOTE - Laapsi can be made in pressure cooker also. You can take 3-4 whistles if using a cooker.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!