Gulmohar Flower Pakora Recipe
- Gulmohar/ Delonix regia flower leaves - leaves of 6-8 Gulmohar flowers
- For Batter : Besan/ chickpea flour - 2 cups
- Salt/ namak - as per taste
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder - 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves/ dhaniya chopped, handful
- Green chillies/ hari mirch chopped - 1 small (optional)
- Carom seeds/ajwain - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala - pinch
- Heeng/ asafoetida - 1-2 pinches
- Oil/ tel for frying plus 1/2 tablespoon
- In a large mixing bowl add besan, salt, red chilli powder, ajwain/carom seeds, oil, green chilies, heeng, garma masala and coriander leaves. Make a smooth batter adding little water. Beat the batter with your hands to make it bit fluffy.
- Wash and remove each petal of Gulmohar flowers.
- Heat oil in a wok/kadahi. Once oil is hot, lower the flame.
- Dip Gulmohar flower petals into the batter and coat it well.
- Slowly take out the petal/leaf and slide onto the oil.
- Deep fry them on low to medium flame till they turn into golden color from both the sides.
- Remove and drain excess oil on kitchen napkins/towel.
- Serve delicious 'Gulmohar Flower Pakoras' with any chutney/dip of your choice.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.