Hari Mirchi ka Achaar ( Methidana Stuffing)
- Fresh green/red chilies 1/2 kg
- Methi dana - 100- 150 gms
- Red chili powder - 50 gms
- Haldi powder 30 gms
- Amchoor powder 50 gms
- Cumin Seeds/Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon each to be added in hot oil
- kalaunji - 2 teaspoon
- Heeng powder - 2 teaspoon
- Salt - 80-100 gms as per taste
- Oil - 1 cup or more such that the chillies submerge into it and oil an inch above for long lasting.
- Wash and pat dry the chillies. Make slits to the chillies. You may Cut into pieces too.
- In a mixing bowl, take salt, haldi, little red chili powder, amchoor powder, heeng, jeera, kalunji and methi dana. Mix well.
- Now take the chilies and stuff the masala into it. And place them in a clean dry glass jar. If some masala remains, add it to the chilies jar.
- Cover the jar and let the chilies settle for say 10-12 hours or overnight.
- Next heat oil. Add heeng and kalunji. Let it cool. Add this then to the chillies jar such that the chilies are dipped completely in it.
- After a day or two, your Hari Mirchi ka Achaar ( Methidana Stuffing) is ready. You may use soaked methi dana instead of dry methi dana for a fast process.
- If using soaked methi dana, pat dry them on clean cloth or paper such that water contents are absorbed.
Ready in :
Special Category :
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.