Homemade Crunchy Granola Bars
Oats/ Granola Bars are very healthy and they are oil free. They are sweet and crunchy in texture. They are ideal portable breakfast or snack.
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- Dates/ khajoor (pitted) - 3 cups
- Honey/ shahad - 1/2 cup
- Butter/ makkhan - 2 tablespoons
- Flax seeds/ alsi ke beej, sunflowers seeds , melon seeds/ magaz and pumpkin seeds/ kaddu ke beej - 3/4 cup mixed & roasted
- Almonds/ baadam, walnuts/ akhrot, pistachio/ pista - 1 cup roasted and chopped
- Raisins/ kismis - 1/4 cup
- Oats - 2 and 1/2 cup roasted
- Dark chocolate - 3 cubes roughly chopped
- In a pan, add butter. As it starts melting, add dates and go on stirring till the dates become soft (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add honey and as it starts bubbling add all the seeds, nuts, oats and raisins.
- Stir the mixture. Press for 5 to 10 minutes till the mixture becomes uniform.
- Transfer the mixture to greased thali/ plate.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate pieces and let it cool down.
- Let it set in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Cut into pieces and store in an airtight box.
- Super yummy 'Homemade Crunchy Granola Bars' is ready to be served now.
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.