Hyderabadi Veg Biryani Recipe
Last evening we had a potluck with my neighbors and I made this yummy and spicy Hyderabadi Veg Biryani. Sharing the recipe for you all 🙂
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Thick curd/ dahi - 1/2 cup
- Cream/ malai - 1/2 cup
- Tomato/ tamatar puree - 1 cup
- Paneer - 150 gms
- Kashmiri red chilli/ khadi lal mirch powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric haldi - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped onions/ pyaz - 2 cups
- Chopped potatoes/ aloo - 1/2 cup
- Chopped ginger/ adarak, garlic/ lehsun and green chilli/ hari mirch - 1 tablespoon
- Chopped coriander/ dhaniya and mint/ pudina leaves - as required
- Biryani masala - 2 tablespoons
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Oil/ tel - 6 tablespoons
- Milk/ doodh - 1/2 cup
- Kesar/ saffron - 1 pinch
- Green peas/ matar - 1/2 cup
- Wash rice and soak them for 1 hour in sufficient water .
- Cut paneer in cubes and marinate paneer with tomato puree, cream, curd, kashmiri chilli, turmeric and red chilli powder for 1 hour.
- Cook rice (almost 75%) with green peas and water.
- Add milk and kesar in a bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry potatoes. When potatoes are half cooked, add paneer mixture and biryani masala and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium flame. Add salt too.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a cooker and add half of the onions. Saute until onions become brown in color.
- Take out brown onions from cooker and add remaining onions and chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute 4-5 minutes on medium flame. Reduce the flame to low.
- Now spread 4 tablespoons of paneer and potato mixture and make a layer.
- Spread 6 tablespoons rice and sprinkle brown onions, coriander and mint leaves. Repeat this process 2 times and when last layer gets finished, sprinkle kesar milk.
- Cover the cooker and cook biryani 7-8 minutes on low flame.
- Delicious and spicy 'Hyderabadi Veg Biryani' is ready to get served with raita!
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.