Idli Dosa Batter | Homemade Idli Dosa Batter is a healthy preparation.
Do you know you can easily prepare the Idli Dosa Batter | Homemade Idli Dosa Batter at home? This will make the idli and dosa fluffier and more delicious. It is super easy and simple to prepare using only 4 ingredients. Moreover, it is very healthy as compared to the marketed batter. You can easily prepare and store the batter at home for 3 to 4 days. Use this batter to make idli, dosa, appe, uttapam, and many more dishes. So, try to make the batter at home and let us know your feedback.
This batter was prepared by Archana Chakravarthy – a lovely Mom from Karnataka.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Poha/flattened rice makes the idli soft and fluffy, whereas, dana methi/fenugreek seeds add color and fluffiness to the batter.
- If you do not have whole black gram without the skin, you can use split urad dal without skin/black gram to make the batter. The quantity will however be the same.
- After fermentation, you can store the batter for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Make idli after one day of fermentation and dosa after 2 days. Although you can make dosa after the fermentation, this will taste better after 2 days.
- The lid of the batter container should be half close.
- At cold places or during cold season, keep the batter container on a plate and keep it in a off mode oven or cupboard.
- With well washed hands mix the batter together.