Indori Tamatar Chaat Recipe
- Fresh tomatoes/ tamatar - 2 of medium size, cut in thick and round slices
- Boiled potatoes/ aloo - 1 bowl
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniya patti - a handful
- Green Chili/ hari mirch - 2 teaspoons
- Grated ginger/ adarak : 1 teaspoon
- Chopped onions/ pyaz - 1 bowl
- Chopped cucumber/ kheera - 1/2 bowl
- Maida/ all purpose flour - 2 tablespoons
- Chat masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili/ lal mirch powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil/ tel - 2 tablespoons
- Fine/Barik sev for garnishing
- Green and sweet chutney - 1/2 bowl each
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in round shape like salad. Take out seeds and pulp and then set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients (mashed potatoes, salt, red chilli powder, green chillies, grated ginger, coriander leaves and one teaspoon of maida) and make stuffing.
- Fill the above stuffing inside the tomatoes. Take 1 teaspoon of maida in a plate and coat the stuffed tomatoes with it.
- Heat oil in a pan and place stuffed tomatoes on it. Roast for 10 minutes from both sides.
- Take it out on a serving plate. Add sweet and green chutney, chopped tomatoes, onions, cucumber.
- Sprinkle chat masala and salt over it. Garnish the chat with bhujiya sev and fresh coriander leaves.
- Chatpata and mouth watering 'Indori Tamatar Chaat' is ready to be served!
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!