Instant Jalebi with Instant Rabri
- All purpose flour/Maida - 1 cup
- Besan - 2 tablespoons
- Eno fruit salt - 1 small packet
- Curd/Yoghurt - 1/4 cup
- Water as needed
- Ghee or oil for frying
- FOR SUGAR SYRUP
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Kesar/Saffron strands - 12-15
- Rose essence - 1 teaspoon
- Orange food color - 1 teaspoon (optional)
- FOR RABRI
- Milk - 250 ml
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Chopped almonds - 2 tablespoons
- Chopped pistachios - 2 tablespoons
- Chopped cashewnuts - 2 tablespoons
- Silver vark
- Homemade mawa/khoya - 4 tablespoons
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- To make the rabri, we heat milk adding the sugar in a pan and then add Mawa. Mix well.
- Add the dry nuts and mix well.
- Add the rose essence and cardamom powder, stirring continuously.
- Keep allowing this mixture to boil until it becomes half of the original quantity or grainy in texture.
- When it becomes grainy and thick take it off the flame.
- Let it cool and chill it in the refrigerator.
- Next, to make the sugar syrup, we heat a pan adding the sugar and water while mixing well.
- Boil it until the sugar dissolves. Then add the kesar strands and food color
- Keep stirring until it becomes thick or one string consistency.
- Take it off the flame and keep the sugar syrup covered since we want hot sugar syrup for dipping the fried jalebis.
- Beginning work on the jalebi, add the all purpose flour, besan, curd and water to a bowl and mix well.
- We have to make a pouring consistency batter so if needed add a little more water.
- Now add eno fruit salt and mix well.
- Pour this batter into a jalebi maker and keep it ready to make the jalebi.
- Heat ghee in a pan and pour the jalebi batter from inside to outside to make perfect Jalebi shape
- Fry it from both sides until golden brown in color.
- Now carefully dip it into the sugar syrup for at least 30-40 seconds and with the help of splinter flip it and again dip it for another 10 seconds.
- Keep it out in a platter. Garnish it with Silver vark and rest of the nuts.
- Pour chilled Rabri over it and serve.
- Enjoy your festivals with this wonderful instant jalebi and rabri.
Ready in :
Recipe Type :
No comments yet.