Kaju Idli or CashewNut Idli
- Idli Batter:
- Sooji: 200 gm
- Water : Double the amount of sooji
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh curd: 2 tablespoon
- Eno : 1/2 teaspoon
- Idli Tadka:
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Green Chili – 1 pieces
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves
- Cashew nuts: 10-12 pieces
- Spices: Salt, Red Chili Powder, Chaat Masala Powder, Mustard Seeds, Asafetida, Kalaunji Seeds (1/4 teaspoon)
- Mix all the ingredients in the batter and keep it aside for 10 minutes. The batter should be thick.
- Take a pan and add oil to it. Add mustard seeds, kalaunji seeds and asafetida. Now add cut cashew nuts in it and roast it for 2 minutes. Now add chopped green chili and curry leaves. Now add this in the mixture along with coriander leaves.
- Now add Eno to it and mix it thoroughly. Instantly put this mixture in idli mould and steam it for 10-15 minutes. Remember when you put the idli mould in steamer, the water should be boiling properly at that time in the steamer.
- Garnish with cashew nuts on the top and serve hot with coconut/ green chutney and garma garam chai.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!