Kaju Karela (Bitter Gourd) Sabji
- Bitter gourd (karela) - 1/2 kg
- Medium size Potatoes - 3
- Oil - 4 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery (Gur) - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tablespoon
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Dhaniya jeera powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cashew nuts - 2 tablespoon
- FOR TEMPERING
- Oil - 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 3 to 4
- Mustard seeds (Rai) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida(Hing) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Peel bitter gourd and scoop out the seeds from middle of it and cut it into thin circles.
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Heat a pan and add oil to shallow fry karela and potatoes and take them out on a plate.
- Add oil to pan and do tempering by adding mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida. Add cashew nuts and roast for a minute.
- Add karela and potatoes to the tempering. Add jaggery and all the masalas
and mix well.
- Serve with roti/rice.
- Enjoy yummy Kaju Karela (Bitter Gourd) Sabji.
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.