Karela and Potato Gravy – Healthy Bite
- Karelas - 2
- Potato - 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chilli and ginger paste - 1 tablespoon each
- Turmeric, red chilli and coriander powder - 1 tablespoon each
- Mustard oil - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin and mustard seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 2 cups
- Pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
- Remove karela skin and chop them and potato into small cubes.
- Make tomato puree in blender.
- Put a saute pan on stove and add oil. When it warms up, add the mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds crackle add cumin seeds and hing.
- Add green chilli paste, ginger paste and tomato puree. Saute for 1 minute on medium flame.
- Saute for 1 minute and add salt and water. Bring it to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When karela and potatoes are tender, add spices and cook them for another 1-2 minutes. Switch off the flame once the curry is done.
- Karela and Potato Gravy is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with warm rotis.