Kasaar/Sukha Whole Wheat Halwa
- Wheat Atta - 1 cup
- Gur/Jaggery - 3/4 cup or little more
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Elaichi powder - 1/2 tspn
- Kali Mirchi - 7-8 pc
- Almonds - 10-12 cut into small pcs
- Kaju - 10-12 pc cut into small pcs
- Powdered javatri-Jaifal - 1/4 tspn
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom kadhai. Add kali mirchi and then Roast atta in the ghee till it turns golden color. Cook on low medium flame. Transfer to a bowl/plate.
- Crush the gur coarsely, as it helps in melting it easily and evenly.
- Now in the same kadhai, add a tspn of ghee and add Gur to it. Keep the flame low. Keep stirring the gur till it melts.
- As soon as the gur melts completely without lumps, add the roasted aata to it and mix quickly. Keep stirring to mix the gur and atta evenly. Off the flame.
- Now add elaichi powder, jaavatri jayfal(nutmeg) powder and the almonds & cashew pieces to it. Mix all properly and transfer to a bowl or plate. Let it cool.
- Garnish with almonds and cashews as your creativity.
- The Navratri Ashtami Bhog of Kasaar or Sukhha Halwa is ready!!
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.
No comments yet.