Kerry Goonde (Leswe) Ka Achaar – Tasty Pickle
- Goonde - 1 kg
- Kaccha Aam (Kerry or raw unripe mango) - 1/2 kg
- Mustard oil - 1.5 liter
- Fenugreek seeds - 250 gm
- Fennel seeds - 2 teaspoon
- Black seeds (Kalongi) - 1 teaspoon
- Crushed mustard seeds - 2 teaspoon
- SPICES AS PER TASTE
- Red chilli powder, Turmeric, Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Put 1 kg of goonde in boiling water and boil it for 3 minutes. Take it out from the water and put it on a clean cotton cloth for drying.
- Remove the cap of the goonde from the top.
- Wash kaccha aam and cut into small pieces and keep them aside for drying.
- Heat oil in pan for some time and remove it from the heat and cool it down to mild temperature.
- Mix all the spices in the oil and add the goonde and cut pieces of kaccha aam to it and keep it aside overnight.
- Next day take more oil and heat it in a pan and cool down to mild temperature and add it with the one kept overnight.
- Fill the pickle into a jar. The quantity of the oil should be such that it floats at the top of the pickle in the jar.
- Serve with cold paratha and khakras.
- Enjoy spicy Kerry Goonde (Leswe) Ka Achaar.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!