Khaman Dhokla – Microwave Recipe!!
- Besan/ gram flour - 4 tablespoon
- Curd - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon + a pinch
- Red chilli powder (a pinch)
- Turmeric powder (a pinch)
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chilly - 1
- Oil - 1/4 teaspoon
- Water - 1/4 cup+ 2.5 tablespoon
- Eno (fruit salt) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves (for garnishing) - a handful
- Add besan, curd, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add a pinch of sugar to it.
- Add 2.5 table spoon water and make thick batter.
- Add fruit salt, mix quickly and pour it in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare tadka by heating oil.
- Add mustard seeds to oil.
- Add remaining sugar and green chilli.
- Add 1/4 cup water and give it a boil.
- When the dhokla is done, add tempering over it.
- Delicious and spongy "Khaman Dhokla" is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Hi! I am Ruchika, mother to a two year old, Hridyansh, married to a wonderful person, Vineet and live in Haryana, travelling around different cities.
A banker by profession and a foodie by heart. It is a humble attempt at sharing my passion for food. You will definitely find lot of easy recipes in this space.
I have no formal training in food photography. So, please bear up with me. Suggestions to improve this are always welcome and Feedback is always appreciated.