Khandvi – Gujarat Special Snacks
- Chickpea Flour - 1 small bowl
- Buttermilk - 3 small bowls
- Salt - As per taste
- Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon - 1 teaspoon
- For Tadka
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Curry Leaves - 5-6
- Slit Green Chilli - 2 pieces
- Seasame Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida /Hing - As per taste
- Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Add besan , buttermilk and mix it thoroughly so that no lumps are formed.
- Add salt, turmeric and lemon and mix.
- Roast in a deep pan for 5 minutes till it becomes thick and besan would start leaving the pan.
- Now spread it on a flat surface or kitchen slab with a flat spatula. Make it very thin. Give vertical cuts from top to bottom with knife.
- Now roll it with your hands.
- Prepare tadka in a small pan . Add oil and once it is heated, all the ingredients of tadka.
- Make sure sesame seeds are added in the end.
- Pour the tadka on the khandvi and if you want you can garnish with coriander leaves.
- Khandvi - Gujarati Famous Snacks is ready.
Guest Author showcases the recipes sent to us by individual users on our email id firstname.lastname@example.org