Khatta Dhokla – Delicious Snack
- Sooji/ semolina - 1 cup
- Curd (prefer sour curd) - 3/4 cup
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger chilli paste - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 1/2 cup (or as needed)
- Salt & Turmeric - 1 teaspoon each
- Eno (fruit salt) - 1 small pouch or 7 gm
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- FOR TADKA :
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds/rai - 1 teaspoon
- Curry patta/leaves - 10-12
- Green chilli chopped - 4-5
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander - 1 tablespoon
- In a bowl add sooji, curd, water, salt, turmeric, ginger chili paste, oil and mix well.
- Add eno /fruit salt and lemon juice and mix it till batter becomes light and fluffy.
- Grease dhokla pan. Pour this mixture in pan and steam it 10-12 minutes.
- Check it with a toothpick. When toothpick comes out clean, switch off the flame.
- Let it cool and cut it in your desire shape.
- For Tadka: Heat a pan. Add oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped green chili, chili powder and salt and mix well.
- Add to cut dhokla and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and garnish it with chopped coriander.
- Your Khatta Dhokla is ready. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
No comments yet.