Laapsi is a traditional and mouth-watering sweet from Gujarati cuisine.
Laapsi is a sweet prepared from coarsely ground whole wheat and sweetened with jaggery. Jaggery is a healthier alternative to sugar and is rich in iron. Ghee is rich in dietary fiber and boosts immunity. The addition of almonds to this recipe makes it richer and tastier. It is prepared during festivals or any auspicious occasion. Try to prepare this healthy sweet and enjoy it with everyone. Let us know your feedback in the comment section.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom – Gita Shah.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Reverse the lid or opposite side of the lid used to cover the mixture vessel, so that the steam water unable to drop inside.
- The ratio of jaggery : water is 1:1.
- Add the mixture, after the jaggery melted properly.
- Using jaggery instead of sugar gives a healthier twist to the dessert.
- Make sure, to use the vessel smaller than the pressure cooker size. As we need to place the vessel inside the cooker.
- Adjust the sweetness as per the choice.