Lauki Rabri – Healthy and Tasty!
- Grated lauki/bottle gourd (without seeds) - 200 grams
- Milk - 1 litre
- Sugar - 5 tablespoons
- Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Pistachios (for garnishing)
- Green food color - 2-3 teaspoons
- Take a heavy bottomed pan. Add the milk and let it boil.
- Add the grated lauki, sugar and cardamom powder.
- Simmer for around 1 hour. Keep stirring continuously while in between scraping the milk from sides of the pan.
- Take it off the flame when it becomes thick.
- Add the green food color and mix well.
- Cool and garnish with pistachios. Your Lauki Rabri is ready!
Hi! I am Ruchika, mother to a two year old, Hridyansh, married to a wonderful person, Vineet and live in Haryana, travelling around different cities.
A banker by profession and a foodie by heart. It is a humble attempt at sharing my passion for food. You will definitely find lot of easy recipes in this space.
I have no formal training in food photography. So, please bear up with me. Suggestions to improve this are always welcome and Feedback is always appreciated.