Leftover Kheel Paratha – Quick Breakfast
- Whole wheat flour : 2 cups
- Kheel (a kind of puffed rice) : 2 cups
- Chopped spinach : 1 cup
- Grated carrot : 1 cup
- Mix of chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, grated ginger : 2 tablespoons each
- Salt : 1/2 teaspooon
- Spices : Red chili/ lal mirch powder : 1/4 teaspoon, garam masala : 1/4 teaspoon, black pepper/ kali mirch powder : 1/4 teaspoon
- Water as required for making the dough
- Vegetable oil : 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, take whole wheat flour, little salt and add water and make a soft dough. Keep it aside.
- For the stuffing : First soak the kheel for 10-15 minutes. Drain the excess water from it.
- Take it in a bowl and add all the other ingredients except oil and mix it well.
- Now take the dough and make small, equal sized balls and flatten it out with a rolling pin. (Just like a chapati)
- Fill and cover half the paratha with the stuffing, and fold the other half over it. Seal the edges with the help of a fork.
- Now heat a non stick tava/ pan on medium flame, pour one teaspoon of oil on it and cook the stuffed paratha for 3 minutes.
- Now flip it over, add another teaspoon of oil and cook till the color changes to brown.
- Once done, cut the stuffed paratha into desired shape.
- Healthy and delicious "Leftover Kheel Paratha" is ready to be served. Enjoy it with any dip/ chutney/ curd of your choice.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!
[…] always have kheel or murmure left at home, so what if we want to use them for making a jhatpat yummy snacks? Try […]