Leftover Khichdi Veggie Cutlets
- Leftover Moongdaal-Rice Khichdi (or any other)- 2 cup
- Boiled and mashed - 2-3 potatoes
- Grated Carrot - 1 cup
- Bread crumbs - 1/4 cup or 2 slice bread
- Grated cabbage - 1/2 cup
- Fresh/Dry Dhania(coriander) leaves - handful
- Chopped green/red chilies - 1
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Garam Masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Mix khichdi, mashed potatoes, bread crumbs with salt, red chili powder, cumin and garam masala to make a dough.
- Add grated veggies like cabbage, carrot of your choice or availability.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and green/red chillies.
- Mix all. Add a teaspoonof oil also to this mixture dough.
- Take balls out of it and Shape into pattice/cutlets.
- Deep fry or preferably shallow fry on a tawa with less oil. Cook from both sides into golden color.
- Serve leftover khichdi cutelts hot with any chutney sauce of your choice.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.