Mango Cheese Cake – Delicious Bite
- Hung Curd - 250 gms
- Ripe Mangoes - 500 gms
- Corn Starch - 2 tablespoons
- Gelatin - 2 tablespoons
- Digestive Biscuits - 200 gms
- Melted Butter - 50 gms
- 1 Cheese Cake Mould covered with 2 large sheets of aluminum foil
- Soft Malai Paneer - 250 gms
- Mango Jelly as required
- First of all cover the springform tin with aluminum sheets on the outer side. Grease the cake tin with oil property. Note - baking in water bath keeps the cake soft and moist.
- Crush digestive biscuits till it has bread crumbs consistency. Mix melted butter and set in the bottom of cake tin. Keep this in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile blend together mango puree, paneer, hung curd, corn flour soaked in gelatin and sugar till creamy paste. Pour the batter into tin. Pour some hot water into a baking tray and place the cake tin on the tray.
- Bake this at 180℃ in water bath for at least 50 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Let the cheese cake cool completely and chill for atleast 5 to 6 hours. For the mango jelly top, soak mango jelly in luke warm water.
- When cooled down, pour on top of chilled cake and again refrigerate for 1 hour. When the jelly is set, unmould the cake.
- Note - This cheesecake can be made with no bake method also. Corn flour is not needed then.
- Delicious 'Mango Cheese Cake' is ready to be served!
A teacher by profession but baker by passion. I love doing experiments with baking - both sweet and savoury dishes. I am always excited to try something new for my friends and family.