Mango Custard – Creamy And Yummy Dessert
- Mangoes/ aam (Alphonso) - 2
- Milk/ doodh - 1 litre + 1/2 cup cold milk
- Custard powder - 3 big teaspoons full
- Sugar/ cheeni - 2 tablespoons or use sugarfree
- Cardamom/ elaichi powder - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom vessel. After a boil, simmer and let the milk keep boiling.
- Take custard powder and add to half a cup of cold milk separately. Mix well so that no lumps are formed and a smooth paste is made.
- When milk is reduced and thickened, add sugar and stir. Cook for a minute.
- Now add the custard powder paste to the boiling milk and stir. The milk will start thickening. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Can also add elaichi powder if you like it. Let this mix cool.
- Meanwhile peel and chop mangoes into chunks.
- When the custard gets cooled, take all chopped mangoes in a big mixing bowl and pour the custard milk over it.
- Mix gently and keep in refrigerator for 15-17 minutes to chill it.
- Delicious 'Mango Custard' is ready now. Serve it chilled.
Ready in :
35 minutes (includes refrigerate time)
Special Category :
Recipe Type :
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.