Mango Matka Kulfi – Summer Special
- Mangoes/ Aam (Alphonso) - 2, peeled and chopped in chunks
- Cream/ Malaai - 1/2 to 1 cup
- Milk/ Doodh - 1 cup
- Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
- Saffron threads/ Kesar - 12-15 threads soaked in water/milk and few for garnishing
- Sugar/ Cheeni - 2 to 3 teaspoons as per taste and mango sweetness
- Elaichi/ Green Cardamom - 7-8, powdered
- Cashews/ Kaju - 8-10 chopped
- Walnuts/ Akhrot - 8-10 chopped thinly
- Almonds/ Badaam - 8-10 chopped thinly
- Magaj (Muskmelon seeds) - 2 teaspoons
- (Can use any other dry fruits too as per taste and availability)
- Peel and chop mangoes into small chunks. Chop cashews roughly into small pieces. Chop walnuts, almonds and any other nuts of your choice.
- Take mango cubes, sugar, cream, condensed milk, milk in a blender and blend smoothly.
- Add saffron threads and elaichi powder. Mix well.
- Now take small earthenware matka/glass/bowls/pots. Wash them. Pour the mango blended milk cream mix in these matka/pots/bowls.
- Garnish with almonds, cashews, walnuts slices. Also use magaj seeds for garnishing. Top with some more saffron threads over the dry fruits spread.
- Cover each with thin plastic wrap sheets.
- Refrigerate it for atleast 6 to 8 hours.
- Enjoy chilled 'Mango Matka Kulfi' with earthy flavour!!
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.