Masala Oats Idli With Tadka – Healthy Bite
- Rava/ sooji/ semolina - 1/2 cup
- Curd/ dahi - 1 cup
- Masala oats - 1 cup
- Chana dal and Urad dal mix - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds/ raai - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Eno - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil/ tel - 2 tablespoons
- Chopped coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta - a handfull
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - few (optional)
- Chopped chilies/ hari mirch - 2
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Water/ pani - 1/2 cup or as required for making idli batter
- Dry roast oats on medium flame for 2 minutes and then grind it to a fine powder. Set aside to cool down,
- Heat some oil on medium flame and add tadka of mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add chana and urad dal mix too. Saute for a while.
- Add rava and ground oats and roast the mix for 5 minutes. Once it cools down, add curd, water, green chilies, salt and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Make a batter for idli and rest it for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile grease the idli tray with oil. Add eno and mix and pour the batter immediately for steaming for 12 minutes on medium flame.
- Once done, check and take them out on a serving plate.
- Healthy breakfast 'Masala Oats Idli With Tadka is ready to be served with chutney.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!