Masala Poori – Quick Breakfast
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Spices - Turmeric, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, ajwain - each 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil - 3-4 tablespoon for preparing the dough for poori and remaining for frying the pooris
- Water as required to knead dough for poori
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl and add dry wheat flour, salt and spices to it. Mix well.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon of oil and knead a tight (not very smooth) dough by adding water to it. Set it aside for about 5 minutes by covering it with a plate.
- After 5 minutes, divide the dough in equal parts and make small balls of it. Flatten a ball on the roller board ( 2-3 inch diameter). You may use some oil while rolling pooris.
- Likewise roll all pooris and meanwhile heat enough oil on medium flame in a kadai/ pan.
- Dip a poori into the oil slowly and puff it by pressing it with the help of a slotted spoon or a pierced spatula.
- Flip the poori and fry it from both sides till it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Take the poori out of the oil now and place it on a tissue paper so that the excess oil is absorbed by the tissue paper.
- Hot soft and fluffy "Masala Poori" is now ready. Serve them hot with your morning cup of ginger tea.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!