Methi Masala Mathri is a traditional-style crispy cracker.
Methi Masala Mathri is a deep-fried dry snack. Making this flavorful and crispy mathri at home is super easy, you just need wheat flour, maida, and some spices. It is flaky, crisp, and has a similar texture to any popular biscuit with a longer shelf life without any preservative. Moreover, Kasuri methi, carom seeds give it a nice flavor. Make it in a circular or triangle shape per your cooking skills and preference and enjoy it with tea. So, try this recipe in your kitchen and share your valuable feedback with us.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely Mom: Ani Setia
Tips and Suggestions by a Mom Chef:
- The ratio of wheat flour and maida should be 1:1.
- This recipe can be made using only wheat flour or maida.
- Spices may be added as per choice and availability.
- Oil can be added instead of ghee.
- The moyan should be checked by binding the flour. If it binds, the moyan is perfect. Else, more melted ghee should be added.
- While preparing the dough, very little water should be used.
- The dough should not be kneaded.
- The mathri should be prepared using a cookie cutter instead of hands.
- The mathri should be fried in medium hot oil for it to cook well from the inside.
- The temperature of the oil can be verified from whether bubbles form in the oil (they should) when dropping the mathri in it.
- The mathri should be fried one shade lighter than the desired shade.
- When the mathri floats on the oil, it means it is cooked well. Thereafter, it should be fried until it acquires the desired shade.
- After it completely cools down, it can be stored in a container for 30 days.