Mix Vegetable Daliya (Namkeen Daliya)
- Daliya/ laapsi - 1 cup
- Mixed chopped vegetables - cauliflower, peas, carrots, beans, potatoes, etc - 1/4th cup each (you may choose vegetables as per your taste)
- Salt to taste
- Water - 3.5-4 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1/4th tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/4th tablespoon
- Chopped onions - 1/4th cup
- Chopped tomatoes - 1/4th cup
- Chopped green chilies - 2
- Oil/ ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - /2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Fresh Coriander and Curry leaves
- Heat oil/ ghee in a pressure cooker on medium flame and add some curry leaves and cumin seeds to it.
- Wait till it splutters and then add finely chopped onions to it. Saute this mix till onions gets translucent.
- Add all vegetables (cauliflower, peas, carrots, potatoes, beans, green chilies) and saute this mix for a minute on medium flame.
- Add spices (turmeric and red chilli) and salt to the mix. After 30 seconds, add chopped tomatoes to it. Cook it for a minute.
- Add daliya to the cooker and mix it well with veg and spices mix. Stir it well for sometime.
- Add water and close the lid of the cooker. Take 2-3 whistles till the daliya gets cooked well.
- Serve it hot with freshly chopped coriander leaves on it. You may use lemon juice while serving this daliya.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!