Mixed Lentils – Oats Chilla/Pancakes
- Oats - 1 cup
- Yellow Split Moong Daal - 1 cup
- Moth/Matki Bean Daal (split and w/o skin) - 1/4 cup
- Black Eyed Bean/Chawli Daal (split and w/o skin) - 1/4 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Crushed Coriander seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Carrom seeds/Ajwain - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Green/Red chilies - 1 to 2 finely chopped
- Finely chopped fresh green coriander - A handful
- Garam Masala - A pinch
- Asofoetida/Heeng - 1 pinch
- Oil - 2 to 3 teaspoon
- Wash and soak all lentils for 2 hours. Use hot water for soaking to reduce soak time to 1 hour only.
- Grind the daals in a grinder. Add oats, salt, red chili powder and Ajwain/Carom to lentil batter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add crushed coriander seeds, asafoetida, chopped chilies and garam masala to it.
- Batter should not be runny. Add finely chopped green coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat Dosa tawa/non stick pan. Pour some oil drops and pour the batter and spread in circular form.
- Cook on low flame. When cooked from one side, flip it. Keep the flame on low. Cook the other side.
- When it turn into golden color, serve oats mixed lentil pancake hot with any chutney sauce of your choice.
- I have added Oats w/o grinding to get coarse and crunchy texture. One can dry grind oats into powder form and add.
- Enjoy mixed Lentils - Oats Chilla/Pancakes
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.