Mixed Vegetable Curry – Restaurant Style
- Mixed chopped vegetables of your choice - Potatoes/ aloo, carrots/ gajar, capsicum/ shimla mirch, brinjal/ baingan, cauliflower/ gobhi, soya chunks, green peas/ matar - 2 cups
- Onions/ pyaz, tomatoes/ tamatar and green chili/ hari mirch (chopped)- 1 each
- Ginger/ adrak (grated) - 1 inch piece
- Garlic/ lehsun (chopped) - 6-8 cloves
- Spices - Turmeric/ haldi, red chili/ lal mirch, cumin seeds/ jeera, garam masala, dry kasoori methi powder - 1/2 tablespoon each
- Cashews/ kaju - 4-5
- Fresh cream/ homemade malaai - 2 tablespoon
- Water - 1 glass
- Oil - 6 tablespoon (2 tablespoon for making curry and 4 tablespoon for stir frying veggies)
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and add oil to it on medium flame. Add ginger, garlic, onions, and green chili. Saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cashews to the mix and saute the mix for 5 minutes till the tomatoes become tender.
- Collect the mix in a mixer and allow it to cool down completely. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- While the above mixture is cooling down, heat the same pan and add some oil and add chopped veggies(except capsicum and peas). Stir fry them for few minutes (5-6) on medium flame to soften them.
- Add chopped capsicum and green peas to the pan and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Once done, set them aside.
- Heat the same pan again and add oil to it. Add jeera & wait till it crackles.
- Add turmeric and red chili powder on slow flame. Don't burn the spices in oil.
- Add the paste made in earlier steps, coriander powder to the curry. Cook it covered in slow flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add water slowly when oil starts separating from the mixture. Mix it well.
- Add fried veggies and salt and mix well. Cook the curry covered for 10 more minutes till the veggies are cooked completely.
- Add fresh cream and garam masala to the curry. Mix well. Cook the curry for another 1 minute.
- Sprinkle crushed dry kasoori methi on the curry. Leave the pan covered with the lid for few seconds.
- Delicious and rich "Mixed Vegetable Curry - Restaurant Style" is ready to be
served with naan, roti, rice.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!