Moong Dal Khandvi – Gujarati Snack
- Soaked moong daal/ green gram - 1 cup
- Curd/ dahi - 1 cup
- Gram flour/ besan - 3 tablespoons
- Water/ pani -1 cup
- Turmeric/ haldi powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice/ neebu ras - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar/ cheeni - 1 tablespoon
- Salt/ namak to taste
- TADKA PREPARATION -
- Mustard seeds/ raai - 1 teaspoon
- Coconut powder/ nariyal boora - 1 tablespoon
- Chopped red chili/ lal mirch - 4
- Chopped green chili/ hari mirch - 2
- Chopped coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta - a handful
- Oil/ tel - 1 tablespoon
- Drain water from soaked moong daal and grind it.
- Mix all ingredients (except tadka ingredients) into moong dal paste and make a batter.
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove it and beat the batter now. Again, cook for 2 minutes in the microwave. Remove it again and beat it again. For the last time, cook for 1 minute in the microwave and beat. Spread it on a plate or kitchen platform.
- Prepare the tadka by heating oil on lower flame. Add the mustard seeds and green and red chilies.
- Cut the khandavi and spread coconut powder and coriander leaves and roll it. Pour the tadka over the khandavi.
- Delicious 'Moong Dal Khandvi' is ready to be served!
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.