Muthiya – Gujarati Snacks
- Bottle gourd(lauki) - 1/2 cup grated
- Carrot - 1 grated
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
- Palak/Spinach - 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrot and beet leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
- Cabbage - 1 cup chopped
- Wheat flour - 1.5 cup
- Besan/Chickpea flour - 1/2 cup
- Rawa/Sooji/Semolina - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies and ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder -1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Corinader Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar -1 /2 tablespoon
- TEMPERING: Oil - 2tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Seasame seeds -1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 4 to 5
- Asafoetida - A pinch
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
- In a mixing bowl add bottle gourd, carrot, coriander leaves, palak, carrot and beet leaves and cabbage.
- Add little salt and leave it for five minutes.
- Add the flours (wheat flour, besan flour, sooji), salt, green chilli ginger paste, red chilli powder, sugar, turmeric powder, coriander powder and oil.
- Make a dough using water if required. Make long rolls.
- Arrange them in a greased pressure cooker vessel. Pressure cook till four whistles
- Cool the Muthiyas. Cut them into small rounds.
- In a pan add oil and remaining ingredients for tempering
- Add Muthiyas and let it roast till golden brown
- Garnish with corriander leaves and serve Muthiya hot with chutney and tomato ketchup.
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.