Mysore Masala Dosa Recipe
- For Dosa Batter -
- White rice/ chawal : 2 bowls
- Yellow rice: 1 bowl
- Urad ki dal/ white lentils : 1 bowl
- Dana methi/ fenugreek seeds : 1 teaspoon
- For Potato Masala -
- Boiled potatoes/ aloo - 4 pieces
- Chopped onions/ pyaz - ½ bowl
- Uard ki dal/ white lentils - ½ teaspoon
- Chopped green chili/ hari mirch : 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta, Curry leaves/meetha neem - a hand full
- Spices/ masale - mustard seeds/ raai - 1 tablespoon, salt/ namak to taste, asafoetida/ hing and turmeric/ haldi powder, dry mango powder/ amchur
- Oil/ tel - 4 tablespoons
- For Red Masala Chutney -
- Red chili/ lal mirch - 5-6 pieces
- Roasted gram dal/ chana dal - 2 tablespoons
- Coconut/ nariyal powder - 2 tablespoons
- Garlic/ lehsun - 5-6 pieces
- Lemon juice/ neembu ka ras - 2 tablespoons
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Wash rice and dal properly then add dana methi in rice.
- Soak rice and dal in enough water separately for 5-7 hours.
- Take out from water then grind separately to make a fine paste. Add salt and keep it for 5-7 hours for fermentation.
- Peel the boiled potato and cut into fine pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium flame and add mustard seeds, heeng and urad dal and saute for a while. Add curry leaves, chopped green chilli and turmeric powder. Mix well. Add chopped onions and saute for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
- Add salt, coriander leaves and dry mango powder to the chopped potatoes and mix properly. Switch off the gas now. Potato masala mixture is ready.
- Keep the red chilli pieces in water for 10 minutes. Mix the remaining ingredients of chutney in the grinder. Add ½ bowl water and churn it for 5 minutes or till it becomes a fine paste and take out in a bowl. Red chilli chutney is ready.
- Mix 1 of tablespoon oil and 4-5 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Heat the dosa tava on medium flame. Sprinkle oil water mixture on tawa and clean the tawa with napkin/ tissue paper.
- Put two ladles of batter on tawa and spread in round shape immediately. Cook it on medium flame.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil and cook it for 2-3 minutes from one side till the corners of dosa starts to get separated from tava.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of red masala chutney on dosa and put potato masala at the center. Fold the dosa now and take it out in a serving plate. (You can use ready made dosa batter available in the market)
- Delicious 'Mysore Masala Dosa' is ready to be served with coconut chutney and sambar.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!