Palak Ka Paratha – Delicious And Healthy!
- Wheat flour/ gehun ka atta - 2 cups for dough and as required for dusting paratha
- Spinach leaves/ palak - 250 gms
- Carom seeds/ ajwain - 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric/ haldi - a pinch
- Red chili/ lal mirch powder as per taste
- Water/ pani as required to knead the dough
- Oil/ tel for shallow frying paratha plus 2 tablespoon for making dough
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Wash the spinach leaves twice and cut them roughly. Make a smooth puree by adding little water in the grinder.
- Make a smooth dough for paratha by adding wheat flour, oil, spices, salt and spinach puree.
- Rest the dough for 5 minutes. Meanwhile heat a tava on medium flame.
- Roll round shaped paratha from the above dough by dusting some dry flour over it.
- Shallow fry the paratha from both the sides using oil and transfer them to serving plate. Likewise make all the parathas from the dough.
- Yummy 'Palak Ka Paratha' is ready now. Serve it with curd/ raita or pickle of your choice.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!