Palak Ka Paratha – Delicious And Healthy!
- Wheat flour/ gehun ka atta - 2 cups for dough and as required for dusting paratha
- Spinach leaves/ palak - 250 gms
- Carom seeds/ ajwain - 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric/ haldi - a pinch
- Red chili/ lal mirch powder as per taste
- Water/ pani as required to knead the dough
- Oil/ tel for shallow frying paratha plus 2 tablespoon for making dough
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Wash the spinach leaves twice and cut them roughly. Make a smooth puree by adding little water in the grinder.
- Make a smooth dough for paratha by adding wheat flour, oil, spices, salt and spinach puree.
- Rest the dough for 5 minutes. Meanwhile heat a tava on medium flame.
- Roll round shaped paratha from the above dough by dusting some dry flour over it.
- Shallow fry the paratha from both the sides using oil and transfer them to serving plate. Likewise make all the parathas from the dough.
- Yummy 'Palak Ka Paratha' is ready now. Serve it with curd/ raita or pickle of your choice.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!