Palak Paneer – Delicious Sabzi (No Cream)
Palak paneer is a famous dish which is relished by everyone. I have used home made paneer and kept the spices very low because of the weather.
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links:
- Aloo Palak Curry
- Achaari Pumpkin Curry
- Sooji Fingers
- Palak/Spinach - 500 gms
- Paneer/Cottage cheese - 250 gms cubed
- Oil for frying paneer cubes and tempering
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Finely chopped garlic - 5-6 cloves
- Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Hing/Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
- Whole red chillies - 2
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ghee/clarified butter - 1 tablespoon ( optional )
- Atta/Wheat flour - 1 tablespoon
- Water to adjust consistency
- Tej patta/Bay leaf - 1
- Blanch spinach with green chillies. Puree the blanched spinach and keep aside.
- Fry paneer cubes and keep aside. You can skip this if you don't like fried paneer. Add cubes of paneer directly.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add hing, jeera, whole red chillies, bay leaf, onion and garlic.
- When done add red chilli powder. Add spinach puree and salt. Mix well.
- Take wheat flour in a bowl and add three tablespoon of water and mix properly. When the spinach mixture begins to boil add this mixture to it.
- Add the paneer cubes. Mix well and adjust seasoning. Add ghee and simmer for few minutes.
- Add garam masala and switch off the flame.
- Serve the delicious Palak Paneer with hot rotis/naan/parathas.
My life revolves around my family and am passionate about cooking and well being of my dear ones.Born and brought up in various states living in picturesque Rajasthan .