Paneer Phool Makhane Gravy – Tasty Curry
- Paneer : 200 gms
- Phool makhane : 1 bowl
- Tomatoes/ tamatar : 4
- Ginger garlic/ adarak lehsun paste : 1 or 2 tablespoons as per choice
- Chopped green chili/ hari mirch : 2
- Cashew nuts/ kaju powder : 2 tablespoons
- Spices/ masale as per taste : salt/ namak, red chili/ lal mirch powder, turmeric/ haldi , coriander/ dhaniya powder, garam masala, cumin seeds/ jeera, asafoetida/ hing, dry fenugreek/ kasuri methi
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta - handful chopped
- Olive oil/ jaitoon ka tel : 2 tablespoons
- Butter / cream : as per taste
- Water/ pani as required for gravy
- Put tomatoes in mixer for 2-3 minutes. Now remove the outer cover and make puree of the rest in mixer-grinder.
- Cut paneer in square cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and then add phool makhane and roast it on medium flame for 8-10 minutes. Take out phool makhane from pan.
- Heat some more oil in the same pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds to it.
- Add ginger garlic paste and let it cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and all the spices mentioned above (except kasuri methi and garam masala).
- Cook the mixture now till oil starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Now add phool makhane and paneer to the mixture and mix them well.
- Depending on the thickness of the gravy needed, you can add warm water.
- Add cashew nut powder, garam masala and kasuri methi in the end. Mix them well and add butter or cream to it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chopped green chilies.
- Delicious 'Paneer Phool Makhane Gravy' is ready to be served with phulkas.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!