Papad Mangodi Aloo Mix – Flavorsome Curry
- Onions/ pyaz : 2
- Tomato/ tamatar : 2
- Ginger/ adarak - 1 inch piece
- Garlic/ lehsun : 2-3 cloves
- Green chilies/ hari mirch - 2
- Bari/ vari/ mangodi - 3 teaspoons
- Potatoes/ aloo - 2
- Spices (as per taste) : Red chili/ lal mirch powder, turmeric/ haldi powder, coriander/ dhaniya powder, asafoetida/ hing, mustard seeds/ raai, cumin seeds/ jeera
- Water/ pani : 1 glass
- Oil/ tel - 2 tablespoons
- Roasted papad - 2-4 as required
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta - a hand full
- Make a paste of onions, ginger and garlic. Likewise, make another paste of tomatoes and green chilies and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pressure cooker and shallow fry the mangori in it for few seconds till they become brown in colour. Take them out on a plate and set aside.
- Add asafoetida, mustard and cumin seeds to the cooker. Wait till seeds crackle.
- Add paste of onions and saute for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the remaining spices and salt and cook for a while. Add potatoes and fried mangodi now.
- Add tomato paste and saute for another 5 minutes till oil starts separating from spices.
- Add water and cover the lid of cooker. Take 2 whistles and switch off the gas. Add roasted papad to the curry just before serving.
- Delicious 'Papad Mangodi Aloo Mix' is ready to be served with hot phulkas/ jeera rice. Garnish the curry with chopped coriander leaves.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!