Peshawari Paneer Methi Masala
Peshawari Paneer Methi Masala is a mouthwatering curry for all.
Peshawari Paneer Methi Masala is a delicious curry goes well with roti/paratha/rice. This recipe is from Peshawari cuisine. Paneer and methi is a delicious combination. Methi and Paneer are both are very healthy. This curry is not only healthy but tastes awesome. This is a delicious curry with a balance of the bitter taste of methi and the sweet taste of paneer. So, try this yummy curry at home and enjoy with your loved ones.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- In this recipe, dried fenugreek leaves or kasuri methi, tomato puree used. But you can use fresh fenugreek leaves.
- You can use Ginger Garlic paste or fresh grated ginger and garlic.
- Using Biryani masala is an optional ingredient.
For more such interesting recipes like Peshawari Paneer Methi Masala, please click on the following links:
- Rajasthan ki Besan wali Mirch in 5 minutes!
- Rajasthani Palak/Spinach ke Gatte ki Sabzi!
- Marwar Special: Shahi Paneer Mogar!
- Cottage cheese (Paneer) 300 gms
- Fenugreek leaves (methi) 1 bunch or dry Kasuri methi leaves
- Onions (chopped) 2
- Large tomatoes (chopped) 2 or tomato puree 1/2 cup
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Cloves of garlic 3-4 or paste
- Green chillies 2
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Everest Biryani Masala - 1 1/2 tspn
- Khada Masala - tej patta, badi elaichi, kali mirch, lawand, dried red chili
- Oil as needed
- Cumin Seeds
- Cut cheese into small pieces. Do not fry.
- Slit the green chilies, deseed and cut into halves both horizontally and vertically.
- Chop fenugreek leaves finely. If dried methi leaves, crush them.
- In a bowl, take curd. Add salt, red chili powder, veg biryani masala and crushed kasuri methi leaves. Mix well.
- Add the cheese/paneer pieces to this and set aside for marination for 10-15 mins.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add saboot khada masala, cumin seeds Then brown the onions and garlic, then add the tomatoes or tomato puree and saute.
- Then add the marinated paneer pieces. Also add any remaining curd methi masala paste. Add pieces of chilles too. Cook till well blended. Then add 1/4 cup water if required.
- Cover and cook till the gravy is ready, indication oily layer separating from sides.
- Simmer and serve hot with ajwain parathas or any other roti, naan.
- Note : I have used dried kasuri methi and tomato puree. Ginger Garlic paste, Everest Biryani masala.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.