Pittod Do Pyaza Curry Recipe
Pittod Do Pyaza is a traditional curry from Rajasthan. Everyone loves this yummy curry at my home. Pittod is made from cooked besan and then delicious curry is made using onion and spices.
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- FOR PITTOD - Gram flour/ besan - 1/2 cup
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Water/ pani - 1 and 1/2 cup
- FOR GRAVY - Oil/ tel - 4 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric/ haldi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder, coriander/ dhaniya powder, fennel seeds/ saunf, garam masala and salt to taste
- Curd/ dahi - 1 cup
- Tomato/ tamatar puree - 1/2 cup
- Chopped onions/ pyaz - 1 cup
- Ciba kashmiri chili/ mirch - 1 teaspoon
- Ciba kitchen king masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta - a handful
- Take a microwave safe bowl and mix all ingredients of pittod and make a thin batter by adding water as required. Take a bowl and add curd, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, sounf, garm masala, ciba kashmiri mirch, salt and kitchen king. Mix well and keep aside.
- Cook pittod in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and beat the batter. Again, cook for 2 minutes in the microwave. Remove and beat again. For the last time, cook for 1 minute in the microwave and beat. Spread it on a plate. Thickness should be 1/2 inches. Cut them into rectangular shape once it is cooled down.
- Take a nonstick tava and shallow fry pittod until golden in color using 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera to it. When jeera crackles, add onions and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree to it. Saute 4-5 minutes. Add curd and all the spices. Stir continuously on low flame.
- When the masala is cooked(oil being separated from the sides) add pittod in the gravy.
- Simmer and cook the pittod with the gravy for 4-5 minutes so that all the flavors are well absorbed into the pittod. An indication for the cooking done is when the gravy leaves the oil and we get a oily layer on the top. Sprinkle coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Delicious 'Pittod Do Pyaza' is ready now. Serve hot with roti/phulka/naan/rice and enjoy.
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.