Poha Vada | Instant 5 Minute Recipe is a perfect tea-time snack.
Poha Vada | Instant 5 Minute Recipe is a crispy mouthwatering vada. This uses simple ingredients like poha/flattened rice, corn flour for binding. Mint leaves and coriander leaves give a nice flavor to the vada. This is very easy to make yet tastes delicious with a hot cup of tea. This is a quick and hassle-free snack item for your guest and family members. So, try this tasty recipe at home and enjoy it!!
This crunchy snack was prepared by Lalitha Jagannathan – A lovely 72-year-old grandmom from Karnataka.
Tips and Suggestion by Mom Chef:-
- It is recommended to serve this yummy vada with Green Chutney or Coconut Chutney.
- For binding the poha, any one of the flours should be added (corn flour, soy flour, gram flour/besan, refined flour/maida). If it is not added, the vada will break while frying.
- As this dish is made with poha, it will not turn golden brown while frying. So, if the onion turns golden brown, the vada is perfectly fried.
- Turmeric powder and red chilli powder can be added if preferred.
- Just enough water should be added to the poha to submerge it. No more water need be added lest the poha becomes difficult to handle.
- The vadas can be shallow fried instead of deep-fried.