Poha Vada | Instant 5 Minute Recipe is a perfect tea-time snack for all.
Poha Vada | Instant 5 Minute Recipe is a crispy mouthwatering vada. This uses simple ingredients like poha/flattened rice, corn flour for binding. Mint leaves and coriander leaves give a nice flavour to the vada. This is very easy to make yet tastes delicious with a hot cup of tea. This is a quick and hassle-free snack item for your guest and family members. So, try this tasty recipe at home and enjoy!!
This crunchy snack was prepared by Lalitha Jagannathan – A lovely 72-years-old grandmom from Karnataka.
Tips and Suggestion by Mom Chef:-
- Serve this yummy vada with Green Chutney, Coconut Chutney.
- For binding the poha, one of the flour should be added (corn flour, soy flour, gram flour/besan, refined flour/maida). If not added then the vada will break while frying.
- As this is made of poha, it will not turn golden brown while frying. If the onion turns golden brown then the vada is perfectly fried.
- You can add turmeric powder and red chilli powder if you want.
- Add water to the poha to submerge. Do not add more water unless it is difficult to handle.
- You can shallow fry instead of deep-frying.