Punjabi Papad Masala Curry
Sharing traditional punjabi recipe that is made with desi papad..Any kind of papad can be used but the divine taste comes from desi papads…
(This recipe is a part of Zayka ka Tadka contest sponsored by Ciba Tazaa Spices)
- 2 kali mirch desi papad
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- oil for cooking
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 cup water
- Shallow fry papads on tawa.
- In frying pan, add oil.
- Addcumin seeds, when it changes color then add onion.
- Saute them till become brownish.
- Then add tomatoes, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and mix it.
- Cook it till tomatoes get tender and start to leave edges of pan.
- Meanwhile, crush papad with hands.
- Then add water in tomatoes mixture and bring to one boil.
- Then add crushed papad pieces.
- Mix it and cook it other 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with roasted papad and serve Papad Masala Curry.