Pyaaz Ki Kachori – Jodhpuri style (Fried or In Air Fryer)
- All purpose flour/ maida - 1 bowl
- Vegetable oil/ tel : 3-4 tablespoons for moin(making dough)
- Salt/ namak – as per taste
- For pyaaz ki kachori masala -
- Gram flour/ besan - 4 tablespoon
- Onions/ pyaz - 4 medium size pieces
- Ginger/ adarak - 1 piece
- Green chili/ hari mirch - 2-3 pieces
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta - a handfull
- Spices/ masale as per taste - salt/ namak, crushed black pepper/ kali mirch, red pepper/ lal mirch, crushed coriander seeds/sabut dhaniya, garam masala, dry mango/ amchur powder, black salt/ kala namak
- Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons for sauteing and brushing the kachori
- For Pyaaz ki Kachori Dough - Take maida and put vegetable oil and salt in it. Make dough using water for kachori (not too tight or loose).
- Cover it with a muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- For Pyaaz ki Kachori Masala - Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and saute till it becomes light pink. Add gram flour and then saute for another 8-10 minutes.
- Add all the spices mentioned above and then mix them thoroughly. After heating it for 5 minutes on slow flame, transfer the masala in a plate and keep it aside so that it comes to room temperature.
- Making Pyaaz ki Kachori - Take the dough and divide it into thin circular shaped balls like chapati. Roll them into flat piece (size of a regular puri).
- To make kachoris, roll out each portion of the dough into 2.5 inch diameter circle.
- Place the masala now in the center of the rolled out portion.
- Slowly stretch the dough to cover the filling with the dough.
- Seal the ends tightly and remove excess dough.
- Roll each filled portion into a 2 inch diameter circle ensuring that the masala does not come out.
- Now press the center of the kachori with your thumb.
- You can now fry them in oil or Pre-heat air fryer for 5-8 minutes.
- Brush the kachori ball with oil for shining then put in the air fryer for 20-25 minutes. After 10 minutes of putting the fryer then change/ flip the side of the kachori.
- Delicious and mouth watering Jodhpuri Pyaaz Kachori In Air Fryer is ready to be served with spicy chutney!!!
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!