Pyaz Bharwan – Delicious Curry
- Baby onions - 10-12
- Garlic paste/ lehsun paste - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder/ haldi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chili powder/ lal mirch - 1 teaspoon
- Hing powder/ asafoetida - 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin seeds powder/ bhuna hua jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasturi methi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kalonji/ black cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Peel the onions and slit them in such a way that it is joined from bottom. Keep them aside.
- Mix all the ingredients other than onions, kalonji and oil .
- Fill the onion slits with the above prepared mix.
- Heat a pan. Add oil in it.
- Add kalonji in oil.
- Add onions and sprinkle salt over them.
- Cook them covered for around 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Delicious 'Pyaz bharwan' is ready now. Serve with chapati.
Hi! I am Ruchika, mother to a two year old, Hridyansh, married to a wonderful person, Vineet and live in Haryana, travelling around different cities.
A banker by profession and a foodie by heart. It is a humble attempt at sharing my passion for food. You will definitely find lot of easy recipes in this space.
I have no formal training in food photography. So, please bear up with me. Suggestions to improve this are always welcome and Feedback is always appreciated.