Raksha Bandhan Sweet Thali
Raksha bandhan sweet thali consists of homemade and melt in mouth barfis for everyone.
Raksha bandhan sweet thali has sevaiyan, almond, carrot, chocolate and coconut barfis. Raksha bandhan sweet thali is easy to prepare with simple ingredients we find in our kitchens.
For more such exciting recipes like raksha bandhan sweet thali, please click on the following links.
- INGREDIENTS FOR SEVAIYAN BURFI - Unsalted , medium thick sevaiyan - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup or tastewise
- Grated Mawa - 1 cup
- Chopped Mixed Dry Fruit - 2 table spoon
- Rose water - 2 teaspoons
- Green cardamom powder - 2 teaspoons
- INGREDIENTS FOR ALMOND BURFI - Soaked and peeled almonds - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup, milk - as required to grind the almonds
- Mava - 1/4 cup
- Saffron strands - 5-6 (soaked in little milk)
- Ghee - 1 table spoon
- INGREDIENTS FOR CARROT BURFI - Grated carrots - 1 cup
- Mava - 1/2 cup (grated)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup , Ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Green cardamom powder - 2 teaspoons and ghee 2 tablespoons
- INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE MAVA BURFI - Mava - 1 cup
- Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1/2 cup and water 1/2 cup for making syrup
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- INGREDIENTS FOR COCONUT BURFI - Deccicated coconut - 1 cup
- Condensed milk - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1/4 cup or tastewise
- Some grated coconut for garnishing
- METHOD FOR SEVAIYAN BURFI - Boil water and sugar to make a syrup of 1 strand.
- Add sevaiyan and stir well. Now add grated mava and stir continuously.
- Add rose water and cardamom powder and stir until thickens.
- When cooled set in a greased thali and garnish with chopped mix dry fruits.
- A unique and tasty sevaiyan burfi is ready.
- METHOD FOR ALMOND BURFI - Grind almonds with milk to a fine paste.
- Put the batter in a nonstick pan and saute in ghee. Add mava and sugar. Stir the batter continuously and add saffron strands milk.
- Stir the batter continuously until it thickens. When cooled, set in a greased thali and cut into pieces.
- Garnish them with almonds and melti- in- mouth burfi is ready.
- METHOD FOR CARROT BURFI - Put ghee in a nonstick pan and add grated carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add mava and sugar and keep stirring until the mixture leaves the pan.
- When the mixture thickens, add cardamom powder and stir well.
- Cool the mix and set in a greased thali.
- Cut into pieces and garnish with grated mava.
- METHOD OF CHOCOLATE BURFI - Put 2 teaspoons of ghee in a nonstick pan and add mava.
- Stir continuously and roast and keep one fourth part of mava aside. Make a syrup of sugar and water and add cocoa powder and mix well.
- Again put the 3/4 part mava pan on fire and add cocoa, sugar syrup. Stir continuously until it thickens. Switch off the gas and let it cool.
- Now make the first layer with 1/4 part of mava in a greased thali. Keep in the fridge to cool.
- Now spread cocoa mixed mava layer on it and let it set in the fridge.
- When set cut into pieces and tasty mava chocolate burfi is ready to be served.
- METHOD FOR COCONUT BURFI - In a nonstick pan, put ghee and let it melt. Add sugar, desiccated coconut and condensed milk.
- Stir continuously until the mixture thickens. Switch off the gas and let it cool.
- Set the mix in a greased thali and cut into pieces. Garnish them with grated coconut and serve.
- Delicious Raksha bandhan sweet thali is ready to be served for the festival.
A teacher by profession but baker by passion. I love doing experiments with baking - both sweet and savoury dishes. I am always excited to try something new for my friends and family.