Sooji Idli with Vegetable Sambhar
- Rava/Sooji - 1.5 cup
- Curd - 1.5 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup for preparing idli batter
- Salt to taste
- Baking powder/Eno - 3/4th tbsp
- Dal - Toor dal,Moong dal,Masoor dal (mix together 1 cup)
- Chopped Onion - 2
- Chopped Tomatoes -1
- Chopped Green Chilies -2
- Chopped Coriander leaves for Garnish
- Curry leaves - few
- Chopped Vegetables( Capsicum,Carrots,Peas,Potatoes,Bottle Gourd)
- Sambhar Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind Paste - 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pinch of Hing/asafoetida
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Water for Boiling dal - 2 cup
- Mustard Seeds/raai - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mix semolina, curd, some water and salt and set aside for 5 to 10 min. Meanwhile, grease the idli tray with some oil.
- Add eno now just before putting idli batter to the tray. Eno creates some bubbles in the batter. Cook idlies for 10 to 12 min on medium flame.
- Idli is ready now. Let's prepare Sambhar now.
- Boil Dal with Chopped Potatoes, Carrots and Bottle Gourd. Pressure cooker them for 2 whistles.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Hing, Mustard seeds, Curry leaves.
- Add chopped Onions and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped Capsicum, Peas and Chopped Green Chilies and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Now add all Dry Masalas including Sambhar Powder. Cook them for about 2 minutes.
- Add Chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Add Tamarind paste, Boiled Dal and Vegetables. Cook it for 10 minutes.
- Vegetable Sambhar is ready. Garnish it with chopped Coriander leaves.Serve Hot with Sooji Idli .
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Being here in Germany, we miss Indian street foods. So I prepare them at home and enjoy it with my loving family !!!