Red Chillies Kaachri Chutney
- Fresh Red chillies - 15 to 20 pc
- Dry Kaachri/Kachri - 8 to 10 pc
- Cumin Seeds/Jeera - 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/Heeng powder - 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Oil - 1 to 2 teaspoon
- Garlic - 4 to 5 cloves or use green garlic 2 teaspoon (optional)
- Dry grind Kachri. Keep aside.
- Wash and pat red chillies. Cut into pieces.
- In a blender add cut chillies, kachri powder, along with salt, heeng, garlic, little jeera and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Add the oil (mustard or olive or any other refined) to the coarsely grind chillies/mirchi and kaachri. Mix all well such that no trace of oil is seen and the chutney mixture shines.
- If one uses Silbatta/batán to grind them, the taste becomes awesome. In such case you can add buttermilk instead of water to get a superb taste. Also it helps in lowering the spiciness of chillies, adding to its flavour also.
- Fresh Red Chillies Kaachri Chutney is ready .
Note - One can use fresh kaachri also. But using dry kaachri gives longer shelf life.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.