Sabudana Khichdi is extremely simple and is often made during the fasting season.
Sabudana Khichdi is so popular in India during the fasting season of Navratri or Sravan month. However, you don’t really need an occasion to make it. Here we have Jain recipe of it, without onion and garlic. It’s usually flavored with peanuts, chilies, cumin and curry leaves. This Khichdi doesn’t use a lot of spices and that’s because it’s often made during the fasting season. Perfect non-sticky sabudana Khichdi ready in no time. You may add spices like turmeric, chili powder, ginger, garlic, coconut, etc as per your taste adjust the seasoning. It’s also known by sago Khichdi and tapioca pearl pilaf. Prepare it and enjoy the most lovable dish with family and friends. Let us know the feedback.
This recipe was prepared by a lovely mom – Rita Ketan Dedhia.
Tips and Suggestions by Mom Chef:-
- Always use a 1:1 ratio of sabudana and water. So for 1 cup of sabudana, use 1 cup of water for soaking. A lot of water will result in a clump and make a gloopy mess!
- Once sabudana added, do not cook or stir it for too long otherwise, it sticks together.
- Serve it warm with chilled yogurt.
For more such exciting recipes like Sabudana Khichdi, please click on the following links:
- Kolhapuri Bhadang | Spicy Puffed Rice Chivda
- Mungfali Chaat | Peanut Chaat
- Besan Pizza | Instant Besan Pizza