Sabudana Khichdi is delicious and favourite snack of all.
Sabudana Khichdi is a vrat special meal and a good breakfast option as well. It is quick and very easy to make with simple ingredients. Generally, sago/sabudana turns sticky after cooking. To solve this problem we have many tips and tricks. This will make the sabudana non-sticky. This khichdi taste little tangy, little sweet with some spiciness it in. It is a flavourful khichdi with the nutty taste of peanuts. So, do try it out at your end and let us know how was it.
This dish was prepared by a lovely mom – Shveta Sheth.
- Soak the sabudana for 1 to 1 & 1/2 hour. Then drain the water completely. Cover and keep aside for 6 to 8 hours. This will make the sabudana non-sticky.
- Add sugar, salt and crushed peanuts to the soaked sabudana. Salt and sugar will mix properly and evenly in the Khichdi and will make the khichdi more flavourful and non-sticky.
- It is recommended to use ghee for tadka. However, you can use oil too.
- If you are making it for fasting then use rock salt.
- Do add boiled potatoes to make khichdi. It tastes nice.